It has been a while
It has been a while. Which is a good thing. But now I need this blog again. I am feeling so overwhelmed and worried for Heather. As some of you know she has had a chronic cough for a very very long time. We have been through a few Drs and a lot of medicines and havent gotten any results. Today we saw a new pulminologist at Children's. He sent her down for some x rays before our appointment. I knew something wasn't right the second I saw the x ray on the screen. I could clearly see one lung looking like it should and the other looked like half was missing. The Dr pointed out that the bottom is partially collapsed and the top part of both lungs was swollen, meaning she struggles to get the air back out after breathing it in. Her lungs had webs of thick mucous. He said none of this has to do with her being sick right now, this has all been going on. He said without a doubt she has asthma, but it doesn't end there. He said she is aspirating her saliva and post nasal drip into her lungs. He said he is concerned there might be an immune disorder causing this or it could be(not likely) cystic fibrosis. We spent over 3 hours in his office talking. He said he is concerned and wants this taken care of. She had blood taken(about 10 viles!!) to check her immune response. He booked her for a cystic fibrosis and breathing test tomorrow in Boston. He said if those show nothing the next step is a CT scan and a surgery where he can go in and look right inside her lungs.
So we left with 5 new prescriptions including one for a high dose of prednisone. I am so worried and feel so bad that this has gone this long.
6 comments:
oh poor Heather! I am so sorry she is going through this and you are having to watch her go through this! I really hope they figure it out quickly, so she doesn't have life long complications! My prayers are with you and yours!
Thank you Cindy!
Oh no. How scary!! :( I'm so sorry Angela. I'm here if you need to talk. I will keep her in my thoughts. --- Shannon
I am so sorry, Angela. I really hope they are able to figure it out quickly. Thinking of you all. Hugs!!!
so sorry to read about this. I will keep Heather in my thoughts and prayers.
Any word? I have been thinking about you.
Post a Comment